CYHY Scenery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYHY Scenery

First off I use FSX so I tried the CYHY for FSX. mmmmmm Seems that the runway is on a plateau. So I tried the FS2004 scenery in FSX and guess what? it works. So if you have a problem with the FSX scenery, use the FS2004.

Hum, interesting. I use a combination Fs9 and FSX Hay River and get no plateau. Do have any custom mesh Ie Fs Genesis or Fs Global and use any UTX? This area of Canada in FSX and Fs9 is very tricky scenery design wise. The Fs9 YZF and Hay River here still have my paws in the manual lol under Credits Lt. TimH. That was before I was promoted to Capt not long ago. I was heavily involved the development of those two and the upcoming Iqaluit. Only this time Sidney has me learning Google sketch up which builds models for FS scenery easier then Gmax. Rankin Inlet is my first target.

Comment

Please we need a better version of Hay river scenery --anybody I wish I had the knowlegde to make one

Comment

The Fs9 one by Sidney aka CYHY 2010 is the best available. Getting source info such as high res pictures for textures to build is very hard and tricky up here. Designing scenery up here is a niche area and not many venture into it here extensively. Michigan, upper yupper or Lower??

Comment

Guys,
          I have meddled with the FSX problems with Hay River for ages and still having problems. I've loaded the FS9 version as recommended but now have the runways and taxiways appearing below ground.
          Actually, when you take off, you realise that the surounding terrain is raised, rather than the airport being sunk. Once you gain height, the scenery aerial view looks fine.
          ATM I'm using FS9 for most of my CYHY flights.
          Being a major hub, CYHY does need fixing. Unfortunately, I have no experience in designing scenery. Every time I've tried my hand, I've failed miserably.

Bob York

Comment

I'll grab some screens of my combo Hay River tonight and post them here and will get this fixed.

Edit: Here is a approach i made tonight coming in from Slave Lake. Notice no Rise or sunk in. ? is are you using any UTX or Mesh Ie Fs Genesis. Could you post a pic of a approach to Hay river for me showing the issue. this would help me targeting your issue and help in solving the problem.
            Last edited by BFL5035 - Aristotelis Kretsis; 09-09-2010, 05:30 AM.

Comment

G'day,
              Here are some screenies I just snapped. FSX - CYHY Hay River 2010 scenery installed and activated. All other scenery works fine. I am not using Ultimate Terrain or any other scenery addons that were not prerequisites for these sceneries.

cheers
              Bob York
              BTW, I've never uploaded pics before, so I hope this works.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm stumped Bob. I use the FS2004 CYHY 2010 scenery and everything looks as it should. I'm not sure if this will solve some or all of the issues you're having but you might try installing this free file from www.flightsim.com File name is ezoliv33

Let me know if it helps or fixes. I've shared this with a few buddies who might have some ideas for you as well.

Do you have the same issue with the YZF scenery. There's another file I have installed with my Hay River scenery called Hay River Flatten. I think it's on www.flightsim.com as well. I'll e-mail you the flatten file as well.

Comment

For FSX you need the two flatten files called
                  cyhy_flatn1
                  cyhy_flatn2
                  These are in my Hay River folder- Scenery along with
                  hay_river_2_VTPP. hay_river_3_VTPX, Hay_River_CYHY_AFX_SS-Pete, Hay_River_CYHY_execlude_01, Hay_River_CYHY_EZ-Pete, Hay_River_CYHY_Fences_EZ-Pete, hay_river_cyhy_IS, hay_river_cyhy_LD_1710
                  hay_river_cyhy_objects, Hay_River_CYHY_Ramp_Objects_EZ-Pete, hay_river_cyhy_static_ai, hay_river_cyhy_Traffic
                  Here is a file the you must have and put in Scnery-World-Scenery.

Comment

G'day Buffs,

I am now up and running with the FSX CYHY scenery again. Not sure what caused my problem, but after re-installing the Hay River and flatten bgl, everything came out ok.
                    Now I have to decide if I will put the FS9 CYHY scenery into FSX.
                    Thanks again to all who made suggestions.

Bob York

Comment

I'm glad it's working Bob.

Comment

Working...
                      X