Weather Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Reports

I'm looking for something that can give me details of weather I will be flying into I know about ATIS but some airports/strips in our schedule don't have an ATIS freq. Is there an addon that I can get for this

Hi Chris,

I use the map in FSX zoom to the destination airport and it gives current weather if you zoom in and click on the runway

Comment

If you fly online on VATSIM you can check the metar for the destination airport with the wx button on your Inn Control panel

Comment

Originally posted by BFL0002 - Randy Kearnes View Post
        If you fly online on VATSIM you can check the metar for the destination airport with the wx button on your Inn Control panel
        Fort Resolution has no METAR for example (both in FSX and FSINN). I think that's what he is talking about.

Comment

Hi Chris, if you flying in Canada, go to http://www.flightplanning.navcanada.ca/. this is the website used by all pilots in Canada to access weather and NOTAM information. for weather, click on the METAR/TAF bubble and type the ICAO code of the airport you are looking to find weather for, in the dialog box.

Comment

Yeah Only place to fly is the NWT! haha and yeah I would love to start on VATsim if it gives you live weather updates for non ATIS airports. Just not sure how to go about it ?

Comment

If you're able to join us on TS this weekend Chris, I or anyone there would be happy to assist in getting you started on VATSIM. You still may not have weather reports at non-ATIS airports but flying online is fun!

Comment

Yeah I will do Randy, I made a thread in another topic thing asking how to get started with teamspeak?

Comment

Start by downloading TS3 from teamspeak.com

You then need to go to bookmarks, manage bookmarks and add new bookmark. The server address should be...

IP: 193.93.44.103
                  PORT: 10012
                  PASSWORD: buffalorules

That should get you in. You also need to go in to the Teamspeak settings and set a key for push to talk.

Comment

Thanks will get right on that !

Comment

Hi Randy. I am connected to Teamspeak and have been on it. But was wondering if a short tutorial could be done on the website or here as to what would be required if I were to fly on line,cos I haven't the foggiest what to do,I have seen programs in the download sections but don't know what they are for or what they do.I am aware of VATSIM and the other one, but which one would be recommended. I downloaded FSHOST from somewhere after reading about it but its still not installed cos I don't know what to do with it. A short tutorial might help us inexperienced mature fliers and well as our younger members who may be struggling on how to get started with online flying. I have to be totally honest and say that I haven't fully searched the forum in case there is something on here. If there is could you point me in the right direction please.

Cheers Dave

EDIT I have read the 'online flying' under 'Operations' on the web page but don' think that helps a newbie to online flying.
                      Last edited by BFL1591 - Dave Richardson; 02-07-2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Great idea Dave. Anyone looking to pick up some tips and tricks for flying online can join me at 14:00z this Saturday on TeamSpeak for an hour before we kick off the Great Canadian Tour. I suspect we'll be doing the Canadian tour flights on VATSIM as we struggle to get everyone connected to FSHost.

Comment

Wow Randy just had a brief browse of the VATSIM website there's an awful lot to digest in an hour if us 'newbies' are to be flying by 1500z considering they appear to have very strict codes of conduct. I think I might have to give this tour a miss till I get well acquainted with it. Although I could well be on TS at 1400z.

Cheers Dave

Comment

No worries Dave. They do have a strict code of conduct although most controllers are pretty easy going if they know it's your first time on VATSIM. It's entirely likely that there won't be any ATC around and minimal trfc when we take off so if you'd like to join you're more than welcome. It really is a lot easier than you'd think to get going and we'll take good care of you along the way.

Worst case scenario is that you have to disconnect from VATSIM and continue the flight offline while chatting with us on TS but I'd bet you'll be able to finish the flight online and have a blast if not a little confusion doing it!

Comment

Does that mean that all of us who are not registered should do so with VATSIM now and then what do I do with the Fscopilot and FSinn that I have just downloaded from our site. And do I have to set up Vatsim in any way to include Buffalo. Also do I have to set up Fsinn for the private chat that you ran through somewhere on the forum.

Cheers Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X