Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-188 Electra

Hi guys

Any idea on a good freeware / payware on the electra's?

cheers

Eamon

Sorry unable to catch the 1st leg of the CL215 flight - work sunday nights.

Hi Eamon. Do you use FS2004 or FSX?

Comment

FS9 at the moment - PC not quite 100% for FSX

Comment

Originally posted by Eamon Johnston View Post
        FS9 at the moment - PC not quite 100% for FSX
        L188 is up, Handling is good however there's no VC at the moment

Comment

Hi

Downloaded the L188 from the site however the installer exe is damaged trying to do it manuallly now.

cheers

Comment

Hi again

Installed the electra manually. However the landing gear is under the runway - and the propellers are slow even at full throttle - and at full throttle the electra doesn't seem to speed up.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Eamon Johnston View Post
              Hi again

Installed the electra manually. However the landing gear is under the runway - and the propellers are slow even at full throttle - and at full throttle the electra doesn't seem to speed up.

thanks

I think that electra needs to be put out of service

I'll tell Pete

Comment

is that the one I posted in a another topic with the self installer?

Comment

Ok, Ive Re-Uploaded an electra, this is a totally new model & texture. Just re-download the FS9 version. Delete the old files in your FS9 Aircraft folder etc..

-Thomas.

Comment

I have down loaded the fsx L188 but the ap does not work.
                    Kindest Regards

Sean McRandle,
                    Buffalo Airways Virtual
                    www.buffaloairwaysvirtual.com
                    Private Pilot | EGBP & EGTW

Comment

Hey Thomas,

I noticed the last thread and I have looked in the download center and there is no L188 under the fs9 aircraft or fs9 textures so I am not sure where to look for the fs9 version. I did find a L188 repaint of a fs2002 aircraft and downloaded it tonight from flightsim.com, however if anyone does use it then when you install the repaint from flightsim.com you will need to go into the aircraft.cfg of the fs2002 version and change the line "sim=L188" from the repaint readme to "sim=L188Electra" of the aircraft.cfg and save it. If you don't change the line fs2004 will crash when loading the plane. I tested it tonight and still have some trouble with the plane trying to nose dive as soon as i take off but i had to shut it down for the night. Kids bedtime came first!!!! Hopefully i can get back on and play with it tomorrow. If you know where the L188 fs2004 download is you mentioned above please let me know so I can get it. Thanks, Mike Eldridge

Comment

Hey Mike,

We did have an FS9 L188 on the downloads section but it had no VC and there was lots of problems with it, such as the nose diving, wheels in the ground, etc, so I took it down.

I honestly, dont really know whether there is an electra for FS2004 with a VC that works properly with textures for Buffalo - Even though I could probably do a repaint for a L188 if needed.

Thomas.

Comment

Well being CAF here is what im seeing. Your looking for a Fs9 L188 with a VC. I have not located one nor heard of any plans to make one. So that leaves the issue. To plug the hole in the Fs9 fleet can be solved by a similar aircraft that has it's origins in the L188 club. The US P-3 Orion. But you need the one without the tail boom. Have you looked at this one.
                          flightsim.com
                          FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military
                          FS2004 US Navy Lockheed VP-3A Catbird
                          [ Download | View ]

Name: vp3a_dsk.zip Size: 8,638,757 Date: 06-30-2005 Downloads: 2,095
                          FS2004 US Navy Lockheed VP-3A Catbird. A variety of derivative types exist of the Lockheed P-3 Orion. Included is the aircraft that became the UP-3A for general-purpose transportation and the VP-3A, a very important person transportation aircraft. The national flag will be hoisted in this model and animation to make the national flag flutter was added. Model by Daisuke Yamamoto. FDE and texture editing by Hiroaki Kubota. Catbird base color by Luis da Costa Pereira. By Team FS KBT.

I have seen many Fs9 fleet VA's use this one for a substitute.

Comment

Either one of these are great solutions. I use this one myself as the Electra until we come up with a suitable replacement. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4540647/p-3c_.zip

Comment

Here is my 2 cents worth.
                              Aircraft. elevllvg.zip from flightsim
                              textures. fs2002fs2004fsxl-188lnbuffalo.zip from flightsim
                              Sound. p3v29kbt.zip from flightsim. use the sounds from the P-3 Orion for the Electra
                              These textures will work in fs2002/fs2004 and FSX

I'm using the above for FSX and it's OK

Comment

Working...
                              X